Before I post my results for last week, I wanted to take a quick moment to once again join the Friend Making Monday movement, this time inspired by Jodi over at And In My Corner...
1) How often do you read? I read every day! At the moment I OUGHT to be reading my textbooks and revising for my exam, but I always have to have something else on the go!
2) What's the last book you read and loved? The last book I read (and I loved it) was 'A Time of Gifts', by Patrick Leigh Fermor. The book is the author's account of a journey he took back in the 1930's, when he was just 18, travelling on foot all the way across Europe, from Holland down to Constantinople. There are two books in the series (he sadly never finished the third and final volume), and this first ends with him crossing the Danube into Hungary. Its a magnificent tale for many reasons - he's a fantastic writer, and each page is full of interesting geographical detail, eye-opening historical facts, and heart-warming tales of the people and places he came across on the way. I can't recommend it enough.
3) What book(s) are you currently reading? Well, I'm now onto the second volume of the aforementioned series, 'Between the Woods and the Water'. I also treated myself to a Lonely Planet guide to Eastern Europe (inspired by the books), and I'm now reading through that too, planning holidays to places I've never been; holidays that I probably won't be able to take for years!
4) Share a few of your favorite authors. Leo Tolstoy, John Irving, JRR Tolkien, Ken Follett, Donna Tarrt, Pat O'Shea, William Golding, Patrick O'Brian, Umberto Eco.
5) What's next on your list of must-reads? Well, after my exams, I intend to dig out my 'Complete Shakespeare', and finally get around to reading the plays I have never seen, read or performed!
That's all for now. I'll post up the results from last week later today!