Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week 17 So Far...

Touch wood, I've seen significantly better results this week than I have in the past month, so I should be able to record a substantial loss on Monday.

This has been without any exercise, too. I promised myself that I would exercise, and I'm slightly annoyed that I didn't, but I'm pleased to see significant weight-loss regardless.

There were a few things that kept me from exercising. To start with, my revision mind-set saw me keeping unusual hours at home, either not sleeping at all or sleeping far too long, and the days have gone by in something of a haze. Can't believe its Sunday already! Then, I got the wonderful news that I passed my first two exams - what a relief! Didn't do as well as I might have liked, but as I'm on a fast-track course and doing two years in one, I'm grateful/relieved/amazed just to have passed! After that news, I 'treated' myself to a lazy day, and never really got out of it. Need to snap to it, got two more exams in three weeks!

As such, the revision begins (again) in earnest tomorrow, and as I'm planning to structure my days better going forward, that's a perfect opportunity to fit in time for running. Time hasn't been an issue, of course, but planning it will give me the extra kick I seem to need to get me out the door. I think the time away from running caused by my injury broke my stride (pun half-intended), so I need to make it a regular part of my schedule again.

I'm also planning a holiday away at the end of July. I'm going with an old friend of mine from my first stint at University, and we'll be flying to Vienna, catching the train down to Slovenia and riding a boat down the Danube to Slovakia, all in one week! I really want to lose as much weight as I safely can before then - not because my travelling companion is a young lady (we really are just friends!), but because I'm afraid I'll put ON weight while I'm away. This isn't unavoidable of course, and we've got a lot of activities planned that will help burn calories, but she keeps getting excited about all the restaurants and cafes we can visit, so I think food will play a big part in our trip!

Naturally I'll be away from blogging for that week, and I'm already dreading coming back after a 7-day hiatus, just to report my first ever gain. Still, I've got about a month before then - plenty of time to shift plenty of pounds!




No comments:

Post a Comment