Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thanks For The Views!

I noticed when I posted yesterday that my view counter had finally passed the 10000 mark. For that, I thank you!

I know it won't seem like much to some, especially those of you with many hundreds of readers. Still, its a big deal for me. I remember the days when the blog first started out, before I had any followers. I had to turn off the 'track my own views' option, as I realised I was the only one visiting! I'm really pleased with the number of readers I have now (although I have apparently lost someone in the night!) - for me its just the right amount, and I can remember everyone's particular journey and style as soon as I see your name!

I never expected to get many, if any, readers. I had started and aborted a couple of other blogs before this one (although they weren't actually about anything in particular), so anticipated that this would be no different. After all, I was just another voice in the cybersphere bemoaning my lot and stating loudly to anyone who would hear that 'this time it would be different, this time I WOULD lose weight!'

Add onto that the fact that I was a male blogger, and not from the US, and I immediately had two major differences from what seems like 90% of the other weight-loss blogs out there! I wasn't sure how relatable my own journey would be, or how many people would want to read it as a result.

Well, I can say that I'm really very fond of you all, and thank you very much for all the support you've given me. I realised the other day, that although I follow several blogs that have already reached goal, and many more that are still striving for it, I don't think I've actually witnessed anyone reaching goal yet. As a thank you for your readership, I want to promise you now that one day, I WILL REACH GOAL. I want to reward your support with a success story, that some of you will have read from beginning to end. There's still a way to go, but I'm ever so close now, and I am going to do it. We're ALL going to do it.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment