Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 1 - RESULTS

So, how did I fare?

STARTING WEIGHT:   297.1 lbs

ENDING WEIGHT:  289.6 lbs


WEIGHT LOSS:  7.5 lbs


This I was very happy with. I'd actually lost even more by about midweek according to the scales, but it crept back on again by the end of the week. Still, my best ever weekly loss on my previous attempts was 7lbs, and that was when I was exercising every day (I think on the week in question I ran a full marathon...well, distance-wise; I just spread it over seven days!). So to have bested that just by dieting is great - though of course, its probably just because I'm about 30 lbs heavier now than I was then, so I have more pounds to shed!

I'm also far ahead of my scheduled weight loss so far, so I am definitely on track. I should have weighed 294 lbs by the end of this week, which put me more than 4 lbs ahead of schedule - over a week's worth of weight loss. It's nice to have a little cushion there, so that if I do have a bad week (avoidable or otherwise), I won't necessarily have to play catch-up. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, however - I'd end up either having two or three weeks of demoralising weight gain, or lose the weight too fast and end up with sheets of loose skin hanging off me. Neither is desirable at this point!

It's going to be obvious this week, but I will keep a running tally of my total weight loss to date too.


WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE:
7.5 lbs 

Before I forget, I'm still planning on taking my photos or comparison at the end of every week, so here are the snaps from Week 1!

 289.6 lbs


289.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment