Monday, April 9, 2012

2012 Week 13 - RESULTS

After achieving my goal of running a marathon distance last week, how has the weight been affected?


STARTING WEIGHT:   222.4 lbs

ENDING WEIGHT:  220.9 lbs



WEIGHT LOSS:    1.5 lbs



Now, on the one hand, this is a pretty substantial loss, which is very satisfying. Also, coming after a two week period where I gained weight, it is nice to see the scales moving in the right direction again.


I've always made an effort not to focus too much on negatives, but I have to be honest, sometimes its the negatives that drive me on more than the positives. As such, there are a few things about this weigh-in that still frustrate me.


1) After running almost 30 miles last week, I might have expected a bigger loss
2) Last week's loss doesn't undo the gains over the preceding two weeks, so I am still 'up'
3) I have been losing and regaining the same 10 lbs for months now, and I'm getting bored of it




So there they are. Its these sort of facts that drive me on far more successfully than the positive aspects, I find. So, let's hope I can use them to score another loss this coming week!


I'm resting from exercise today, but still want to try and get in at least three runs this week. Also, I am heading home for a short visit on Wednesday. On every previous visit home, my diet has gone out of the window, and I've binged on bread and chocolates and flapjacks etc etc. I HAVE to try and resist this time around - it would really damage my resolve to take a step backwards so soon after another period of gains. I'm going to take my running gear with me, and try to exercise while I'm there, to try and undo any slips I might make, and I'll still have the weekend here in London, so if I do misbehave, I can get a couple more runs in before weigh-in on Monday!




 2012 Weight Loss: 
4.0 lbs (76.2 total loss)

No comments:

Post a Comment