Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 3 of Marathon Week

Just got back in from my third run of the week. So far, we seem to be on track, and if all goes well I should hit my marathon distance sometime on Sunday.

Its funny - for weeks before now, I've been looking for any excuse not to exercise, and yet now, its second nature. I actually found myself out on today's run before I'd even decided I was going - it just sort of happened, because I was bored. I don't know why sometimes exercise seems to be the last thing I want to do, whereas on other days its just a given, and I don't even have to think about it. Funny old world, I guess!

I'm getting quite sore now, and the blisters are rearing their ugly heads, but I think I've got enough left in the tank to hit my goal this week. I don't know what the weight will be like though - I lost a hefty amount after Monday's run, but this morning the weight had gone back up again (still at a loss, but Tuesday's run seems to have caused me to gain weight). I've already said that this has happened before, when I don't take my rest-days between exercise, so it means I can't at all predict Monday's weigh-in! If I've exercised every day before then though, I won't really mind so much.

1 comment:

  1. I hear it said that exercise and especially running will cause the scale to go up. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete