Monday, May 7, 2012

2012 Week 17 - RESULTS

So, one week into my newly-reinvigorated program. Have I managed to buck the gaining trend of the last few weeks?


STARTING WEIGHT:   223.9 lbs

ENDING WEIGHT:  222.6 lbs



WEIGHT LOSS:    1.3 lbs



I'll take it!


It might seem odd, that I managed to drop one pound by Thursday without running, but only 0.3lbs between then and now, despite going for a run on Friday. I've noticed that trend before now though, and just remind myself that the running isn't just about losing weight. Granted, that's the main objective of this system, but I said right from the outset that I was also trying to improve my general health and fitness too. So, I don't worry too much that the running doesn't actually impact my weight-loss as much anymore.


Generally, I think I did quite well last week. There are still a few of my new rules that I need to work harder at, but finally I seem to have rediscovered the drive to actually try and shift the pounds.


I'm quite keen to try and keep my losses steady for a few weeks. One thing I've noticed, reading back over my old weigh-ins, is that my 'rebound-point' seems to be around 218 lbs - whenever I've hit that mark, I have slipped up and gained the weight back again. That seems to be the threshold for me at the moment. As such, I'm planning on taking it slow and steady up until about that point, and then doubling my efforts to push past it at last. At this rate it is still several weeks away, but I've already got my eye on the prize - the lowest weight I ever hit was 215.8 lbs, so REALLY looking forward to blowing that out of the water!




 2012 Weight Loss: 
2.3 lbs (74.5 total loss)

4 comments:

  1. and you totally will blow that out of the water. I noticed (myself included) many of us, lost our drive... weird.. it must of been in the blog-o-sphere... ;)

    Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Slow and steady" sounds very good. Glad you had a loss. Ever onward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, glad that you're headed downwards again. Not too far until you're at a new low again. I'm thinking (maybe) we'll both reach goal weight roughly about the same time. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've found that thing inside you that pushes you on, I keep thinking I've grabbed hold of it again but it slips away, evasive little thing hey! I'm pleased for you that the scales are headed in the right direction again.

    ReplyDelete