Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weeks 14-16 - RESULTS

EDIT: Haha ok, so I came back to my blog wondering why the only comments were on my older posts, rather than the latest ones. Turns out, I haven't been publishing my posts over the last few days, but have been saving them as drafts! My blogger dashboard has updated recently and I'd like to think that's why, rather than just me being an imbecile...but whatever the cause, you now get to enjoy three posts in VERY quick succession!

--------------------------------------------


Ok, I've got three weeks of updating to do, so we can see the full impact of my recent relapse. I'll take the weeks one by one rather than just roll them all into one, so we can see where I started to go wrong.


WEEK 14 START:   220.9 lbs

ENDING WEIGHT:  220.4 lbs



WEIGHT LOSS:    0.5 lbs


Hard to backtrack this far! This was the week following my Marathon Week weight loss. I went for another run on the...Wednesday I think...before heading home for a break. I was worried about binging while I was there, as has happened on each previous visit. I did eat rather more than I intended to, but managed to keep it in check, so still managed a fairly good loss.




WEEK 15 START:   220.4 lbs


ENDING WEIGHT: 221.8 lbs




WEIGHT GAIN:     1.4 lbs



This is where it started to unravel. When I went home I took back a lot of the books I had read over the previous year, and dragging that weight (over 100lbs) through the streets of London really hurt my arms, and what is more, I had to walk in a strange way to drag it effectively, and my hips became extremely sore. This was the excuse I had for not running at all in this week. My diet went out the window too, and this is where my sleep patterns went to heck, and I switched into my odd 48-hour cycle. All in all, I was on a downward spiral, and when I went up to visit my Dad at the weekend, we celebrated my exam pass with a big Indian meal, which didn't help matters!



WEEK 16 START:   221.8 lbs


ENDING WEIGHT: 223.9 lbs




WEIGHT GAIN:     2.1 lbs
 And then everything went to pot. This is where I reverted back into my old routine of binging every night, justifying it by telling myself I would start the diet again tomorrow, so could enjoy one last blow out. Still wasn't exercising either. I actually stopped weighing for most of this week, as I dreaded the scale!


So there we have it! Taken together as a 3-week bender, the gain of 3lbs might not actually seem very much, considering. However, as I've been so namby-pamby about the whole weight-loss regime this year, it takes me right back to where I was at the start - in effect, I have only lost 1lb since the start of the year.

In terms of maintaining my weight, this is actually quite impressive - but of course, I'm nowhere near goal yet, so have no right to be pleased about maintaining!

I started to feel fat again this week, and grew angry about it, which is something I haven't really felt since the start of this blog. I'm pleased about that, as I now have a fire in my belly again! I've got some new rules I plan to stick to from now on, but as this is already a long post, I think I'll save them for tomorrow!

 2012 Weight Loss: 
1.0 lbs (73.2 total loss)

No comments:

Post a Comment