Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Plan

So, without further ado, I will present to you all some vital statistics, and some aims and ambitions. This will let you know where I started from, so you can track my progress over the coming months.

21/02/2001



WEIGHT:   297.1 lb
or 134.8 kg
or 21.2 stone

The above weight, with my height, gave me a BMI of 37.7, which is Class 2 Obese. Definitely time to make a change!


TARGET WEIGHT:   196.7 lb


This weight equates to a BMI of 25, which is the upper end of the healthy range for someone of my height. I have to move through my current Class 2 Obese, down through Class 1, then the Overweight category, before finally reaching this normal range. It represents a target weight loss of just over 100 lbs.



TARGET DATE:   03/09/2011 - 06/10/2011 

I have a little bit of a window here. My original target was September 3rd, which is my brother's wedding (at which I will be best man). However, I originally set my target weight at 15 stone, or 210 lbs, until I realised this was still in the 'Overweight' BMI bracket. Nonetheless, I liked the date and rate I had already prepared for, and didn't want to try and lose TOO much a week (although I'm still naughtily planning on slightly more than is recommended). So I extended my calendar, with the same weekly rate of loss, until I reached a BMI of 25 - which, if all goes to plan, will be on October 6th. 

Given the above targets, my desired weight loss comes out at about 0.4 lbs a day, or  3.1 lbs a week rounded up.

In my first week, I exceeded this target. I will describe how in an upcoming post, which will bring us up to date and the blog can begin in earnest. But until then, here are two photos I took of my body on the first day of my program. I will take matching photos every week of the program, until I am happy with my body.

This is what I am - it is no longer what I am willing to be.





297.1 lbs


297.1 lb

No comments:

Post a Comment