Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 21 So Far...

I still haven't posted much this week, despite exams now being over. I'm trying really hard not to think about them. They were really tough, although luckily everyone else felt the same. I know I tried, although I did leave it late again; it certainly wouldn't be a case of too little, too late - just perhaps too late on its own! I wrote in my Confessions post about the laziness/apathy that struck me during school, and I'm working really hard to overcome it now. I don't know if it would be some kind of 'poetic justice' to fail an exam at last, after actually making the effort - punishment for past hubris, or something. And I guess, if it came to it, I wouldn't mind having a resit, as I HAVE done two years in one - I just worry about it clashing with my brother's wedding. Ah well, nothing I can do about it now, just have to twiddle my thumbs and bite my nails until Friday!

Got a lot else to do besides. I'm going away for a week on Saturday, so busy planning that trip now. Means that there will be a gap of two weeks after tomorrow's weigh-in before the next one, and with a holiday in between, its likely we'll see my first gain once I return. But you never know, maybe I'll buck centuries of human experience and actually LOSE weight on holiday!

Anyway, how has this week been? Not too bad so far. I upped my calories and wasn't running at the start of the week, because I had exams, and since then I've been out on the town a couple of times to unwind. I still managed to lose quite a lot of weight regardless, but my weight-loss pattern still vexes me occasionally. This morning I had put on almost two pounds since the previous day, despite having a calorie deficit of about 500 calories! I know that will even itself out eventually, but it annoys me that this always seems to happen at the end of the week, as I feel all my hard work over the last 7 days has been pointless. Also, now my weight loss has slowed, a couple of pounds is a really good weekly loss for me, so to see that same amount of weight pile back on in one day (and a day where I can't really justify it too) is a bit disheartening.

None the less, I was still at a loss for the week this morning, so hopefully I won't gain again tomorrow for the weigh-in! See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment