Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Week 1 - RESULTS

Feels a bit weird, writing 'Week 1' when its already the 16th, but its the end of the first week of my 2012 weight loss, so it stays!



STARTING WEIGHT:   224.9 lbs

ENDING WEIGHT:  223.6 lbs



WEIGHT LOSS:    1.3 lbs



Not bad as new starts go. Nice to start the new year off with a loss!

Eagle-eyed readers will note that I haven't recorded any running mileage so far this year. Its hugely frustrating, but basically, the hot water has broken in my flat. That not only means no heating (and it is VERY cold), but also no showers, just washing laboriously in a basin with a kettle, a flannel, and lots of time first thing in the morning. The landlord says he's getting it fixed tomorrow, but it means I haven't wanted to risk a run so far - if I can't shower...well, can you imagine? I hardly want to be hitting the wards and talking to patients without a scrub, and although I can freshen up well enough day-to-day, I think an adequate post-run wash is beyond my flannel's capabilities. I'm going to see if I can access the showers on campus tomorrow, just in case, but I HOPE to be able to get back into the running later this week.

I have been doing a fair amount of walking, as is usual for me these days, but went out with my friends on Friday night, to celebrate the start of a new term, so that set my weight loss back a bit for this week. Still, pleased to see a loss, but I don't think that this is all I'm capable of right now - want to get running again, and see some REAL pounds drop!

Anyway, below is my 2012 weight loss so far (and my TOTAL weight loss too), and the return of my regular progress photos. I wasn't as diligent with these towards the end of last year, as it was a slight downer to be posting new photos showing me heavier than the previous week. But, its a new year, and that means (you've guessed it) a fresh start!






2012 Weight Loss: 
1.3 lbs (73.5 total loss)


223.6 lbs

 223.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment