Wednesday, February 22, 2012

11 Questions!

Just got back in from my run, so its time to knuckle down and answer the questions posed to me by Jodi over at AndInMyCorner!

The rules are I have to post 11 random facts about myself, then answer the questions specifically posed by Jodi. I'm also supposed to invent some questions of my own for other bloggers, but as I don't know who has already been tagged previously by this, I shall leave it open - if any readers have yet to answer 11 questions...answer these ones!

So, without further ado...


11 Random Facts About Headspace

1) I was born in London, then moved abroad and lived in Germany, Belgium and New Zealand before returning to London for medical school, 17 years after I left!

2) I once won a chocolate-eating competition at a factory in Switzerland

3) I once made a sandwich for Vanessa Redgrave

4) I own an acre of moon

5) I collect swords

6) I performed in three different shows at the same time during the 2006 Edinburgh Fringe Festival

7) Depending on where I met the friend, my nicknames include Lord, Duke, PartyBoy, Bubba, Feng or Liebchen!

8) I was awarded a prize from the Royal Society of Chemistry at the age of 14, beating out all my same-aged peers in the country

9) I have scars in my left eyebrow, on my left thumb, on my left shoulder and on my...right shin

10) I am allergic to penicillin

11) I am barred from a Chinese buffet restaurant in the city of York



And now...


Questions I Was Asked To Answer

1) Why did you start blogging? Because I know I'm not the best self-motivator, as evidenced by the fact that I gained so much weight, and that my previous attempts to lose it had failed. I wanted to be more open/public about my weight loss attempt, but didn't feel up to telling family or friends, hence an (initially) anonymous blog!

2) If you could do anything without getting caught, what would you do? Tough one! Probably something involving a lot of money, although I'd temper my guilt by doing good with some of it. Actually...scrap that. I'd go all Fox Mulder, and break into either the Vatican Archives or Area 51, and find out...nothing much at all I expect, but still! The truth is out there!

3) What is your favourite part of the day and why? Not sure, probably that time before bed when I'm done for the day, and I'm just killing time, watching movies or reading blogs etc, before turning in. Its a terrible time also, as I should be either doing something productive or sleeping, but I never do, so I must love it!

4) What moment would you like to re-live? Again, a tough one - do I just get to relive the moment (in which case I choose a nice one), or live it over again, and be able to change it? (In that case, I chose...oh gosh, so many terrible decisions!)

5) What is your favourite comfort food? I was about to write doner kebab, as that's been my bane in the last few months (new place opened 5 mins from me). However, its not really true. You know what? There's a reason I refuse to buy it anymore, because my best comfort food is probably...bread and butter! Thick-cut bread, with a thick slathering of butter. Sigh...

6) What would your perfect holiday look like? I like mountains, and pine forests, and waterfalls (no beach holidays for me, thanks). So a cabin somewhere, with all those things nearby, good company if they like it too, a good book if not. Bliss.

7) Regular cell phone or smart phone? Well, technically its a smart phone, but i have doubts over its credentials at times...I'm thinking it lied on its CV to get the job as my phone...

8) Best feature? In me - sense of humour, probably (smoothly avoids picking a physical feature there...)

9) Where do you see yourself 1 year from now? Still at medical school!

10) What song describes your life? Spotlight, by The Waifs

11) Why is it that? Struggled to answer this one, as I'm not big on music. However, I chose the song above (and embedded below), by a fairly unknown (in the UK at least) Australian band. I first heard it when I was travelling overseas. I think technically its a song about finding someone else, but on first hearing I took it to mean finding yourself. That's sort of what I was trying to do on my travels, and in a way I'm still doing, so it gets my vote. Hope you guys like it as much as I do!





Anyway, that's me all done folks, hope you enjoyed finding out a little more about me!

1 comment:

  1. PartyBoy, I love that and there's bound to be a good story behind it somewhere.

    I love the idea of a vacation in a cabin. I always thought I was meant to be a mountain woman with a german shepard and a huge home library. Who would need more than that anyway?

    I listened to the song and I absoutely love it. I love music and the ecclectic sounds of unknown artists, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete