Monday, February 13, 2012

2012 Week 5 - RESULTS

As mentioned yesterday, I predicted a gain over last week, so let's see what the scales read!



STARTING WEIGHT:   222.3 lbs

ENDING WEIGHT:  222.6 lbs



WEIGHT GAIN:    0.3 lbs



Although I expected to see a gain, this wasn't actually as bad as I was thinking. Obviously its not good to EVER see your weight go back up, but I was worried that I would wipe out whole weeks of progress, and as it turns out, I'm still at a tiny net loss for the last two weeks.

But enough about that! In my posts yesterday I said that I would be basing my new weekly target on whatever weight I recorded today. I still have 25.9 lbs to lose before I reach my goal weight. I also want to make my weekly target for weight-loss realistic - something more than I've been losing to date, to make it a challenge, but not SO much more that I can't actually achieve it.

As such, I have chosen a new target date - the midpoint of the year in fact, 1st July 2012. That gives me 140 days to lose the 25.9 lbs remaining, which leaves me with just under 0.2lbs a day to shift, or about 1.3 lbs a week.

That works very well for me, so I want to try and hit 221.3 by this time next week to see if the new target is manageable. I'm going out for a run in a little while, to get this week (and indeed, this new big push) off to a good start. Wish me luck!





 2012 Weight Loss: 
2.3 lbs (74.5 total loss)

No comments:

Post a Comment