Saturday, July 14, 2012

2012 Week 27 So Far...

Evening all!

Only a few days to go before the first exam now. Frustratingly, I've had to spend most of the week sorting out random course admin (chasing up signatures, filling in compulsory feedback forms etc), so I'm not where I had hoped to be with the revision so far. Still, having next to no time makes prioritising my studies much easier - rather than "should I do this, or this?", I get to say "I only have time to do THAT!". Even if I can't do enough in the time left, I get a chance to make up the grade in the second phase of exams, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, although one of the problems I've had is that I'm burned out on studying and need a break, and I wouldn't get one this year if I had to take the second exams! Ah well, I can only do so much, so I'll do that, and see what happens.

I haven't exercised yet this week, but being at Uni on my feet all day chasing down tutors has actually led me to a little loss so far. Now that I'm nose-deep in the books though, I'm a) very sedentary, and b) surviving off too many energy drinks and high-sugar snacks, so I'm going out for a run tonight. It'll have a double benefit of not only counter-acting revision calories, but should also help me to sleep, which is always a problem when exam stress looms!

If I can keep up these small regular losses over the exam period I'll be happy. I'll hopefully have a bit more time over August to then give the weight loss a bit more attention, but I'm going to be careful this time to not OVERDO it trying to score a big loss, and end up burning myself out and having a rebound afterwards. Now I've finally seen the folly of that approach, I'm much more cautious - no full frontal assault this time, but rather, a war of attrition...

P.S. keep everything you've got crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment