Sunday, July 1, 2012

Backward Momentum

Evening all!

Just got back from my third run this week. I'm really pleased about that number, especially after so long without exercise. I'm also REALLY happy that I've managed to up my distance to five miles for each of those runs. When I was just doing four, it always seemed as though that was all I could manage, but I've realised that I ALWAYS overthink things, and if I just switch the brain off for one second and DO the thing, its never as hard as I think!

What is less pleasing are the scale readings this week. Even though my activity this week has been...well, many many times more than it has been the last few weeks, the scales haven't really been reflecting it.

But you know what? Even as I type this, I'm bored of saying it, so I can't imagine how bored you must be of reading it. OF COURSE the scales are disappointing - about the only thing that would satisfy me would be if all the weight suddenly dropped off at once, and I was at goal tomorrow morning. After all, its dissatisfaction with my weight that has led to this weight-loss attempt, right?

Haha, I seem to have derailed my own post here, and the title doesn't make sense anymore, but I quite like it. I'm fed up with being fed up - the fact is, I NEED to be fed up, as it's what drives me to make a change. So, I'm not going to bitch and moan about the scales any more. My new rule is I'm aiming for a loss of just 0.1 lbs a week. That is moving in the right direction. Anything more than that is a bonus. So there!

I'm not even going to bother write about what I planned to now. The title of the post won't make sense, but who cares - if anyone is reading, maybe they'll get a surprise. Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment